Special Information for Indian Travelers
Special Information for Indian Travelers ]
1. Travel time from Bagdogra Airport to Jaigaon/Phuentsholing by road is around 5-6 hours depending on traffic jams.
2. Staying in Jaigaon is cheaper, and availability is not an issue during off season.
3. Indians do not require visa to travel to Bhutan, but need permit. Obtaining the permit may take more than a hour. Permits are issued at Phuentsholing. However, you can also get them at kolkata
4. Indians can withdraw Bhutanese currency using there Indian debit card at a charge of Rs 20 per transaction.
5. Indian currency is widely accepted, excluding 500 and 1000 rupee notes.
6. Travel time from Phuentsholing to Bhutan is around 7 hours by road.
7. The road is mostly mountainous, and must be avoided by those with fear of heights.